28 Feb Shipping Container Conversion into Library
Shipping container libraries are an affordable way to provide both adults and children with access to decent, well-designed library facilities.
When creating a container library, we customize features to your exact specifications. For example, we can:
- add shelving units of your choice
- handle interior and exterior paintwork
- install windows and doors in configurations you choose
- install air conditioning and electrical wiring, depending on your needs.
Once you have set up a shipping container all you have to do is fit the furniture, the shelves, chairs and tables and appropriate lighting. If you place the shipping container upon a trailer you are not even bound to a particular place. You don’t need to dig the foundations, or construct walls and a roof and you don’t even need to buy space as long as you can park your containers somewhere. All you need is a good assortment of books and a nice shipping container and there you have it – your own library in a matter of days.
MK Containers performs all conversion work at its premises, before delivery or installation. Once your library is ready, it can be delivered to your location and set up immediately.
MK Containers have the following advantages:
- they’re much cheaper than brick and mortar libraries
- they’re faster and less disruptive to put in place than structures built from scratch
- they’re easy to transport; you can set them up anywhere
- they can be easily relocated, for example to provide communities with roving access to library facilities
- they’re tough, weather-resistant and vandal-proof
- they can be fully customized, for children or adults.